Morro Bay Parks
Finding things to do in Morro Bay should be easy. Imagine the warmth of the California sun glowing around you, juxtaposed by the cool breeze rising up off the tranquil ocean. In order to enjoy the perfect weather of Morro Bay, our city has constructed over 10 different parks where you can spread out a blanket on the green grass and simply smile in the sun. Browse our list of parks so you can select the perfect relaxation point.
- Morro Bay Park - This centrally located park provides a play area, basketball court, picnic benches, and barbecues. There is also a World War II Memorial here.
- Anchor Memorial Park - This park has picnic benches, an observation deck and an Anchor Memorial commemorating fishermen lost at sea. Live Music is provided some weekends by Captain Jimmy.
- Bayshore Bluffs Park - This park is 3.2 acres, with benches and the Morro Bay Bike Path which winds through the park. There are an observation deck and a tree that arch over the path at one point. Great area for birding.
- Centennial Parkway - This roadside area features a chess area, complete with chess tables surrounding a giant chessboard, and The Centennial Stairway, with our 50-starred flag, the California flag, and a 13-starred flag celebrating our nation's independence. The Giant Chessboard is available for reservations and a small fee. For more information call (805) 772-6278.
- Cloisters Park - Features a wetland area, public restrooms, picnic tables and children play area. Pedestal barbecues are also available, along with walking paths that lead to the beach and wetland area.
- Tidelands Park - Children play area featuring ocean themes, including a pirate ship, seal statues and a whale's tail. Picnic areas are also available with barbecues. This park provides a beautiful view of the Bay.
- Coleman Park - This waterfront park is great for bird and ocean life watching, with beautiful views of the bay and Morro Rock. This park provides picnic areas, a basketball park, and a swing-set.
- Del Mar Park - This nine-acre park features a basketball court, amphitheater, roller hockey rink, horseshoe pits and picnic areas with barbecues. Ample grass area is available. As a part of this park, there are many walking paths in the Jodi Giannini Family Dog Park.
- Lila Keiser Park - Two baseball fields are available, with horseshoe pits, a children's play area, picnic areas and a barbecue pit open for reservation.
- Morro Rock Beach -This beach is a beautiful area on the bay. From Labor Day to Memorial Day, lifeguards are on duty 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- North Point - A quick drive from Morro Bay, this beach has a lovely access stairway that leads to one of the best tide pool areas. Once on the beach, one can walk south to Morro walk, or north to Cayucos Pier.
- Morro Bay Skate Park - For those who love to skate, surfing the concrete waves on your board, Morro Bay provides a public skate park at the teen center, designed by Skatewave.